As with all things that you have invested in, proper care and maintenance of your replacement windows are required to ensure longevity. If you’ve recently installed new windows, your window contractor will strongly recommend that you adhere to the cleaning instructions for your windows.
Renewal by Andersen of Cape Cod explains more in today’s post.
Replacement windows require routine care so that they will serve their function and purpose for as long as possible. All Renewal by Andersen windows are built with High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass. The glass is protected by a film on both sides, thus making it low-maintenance. However, it still needs to be protected from hard objects that can leave scratches.
Cleaning Windows: Do’s
- Clear dirt and debris from sills and tracks.
- Use a mild solution, like soap mixed with water, and a soft rag or brush to clean the frame, sash and grilles.
- When cleaning the glass, remove dirt and grime with a soft, dry cloth. Then use a mild solution to wipe the surface clean in a circular motion. Remove excess solution with a squeegee or microfiber cloth.
- Hose down insect screens or wash with a mild solution while lightly scrubbing with a soft-fiber brush.
Cleaning Windows: Don’ts
- Don’t clean with harsh chemicals or cleaners to avoid damaging the glass and hardware.
- Do not let acid solutions get into contact with the glass, fasteners, hardware and metal flashing.
- Refrain from using solvents, abrasive solutions or blades to remove paint stains to avoid scratches.
- Never clean in direct sunlight as this can cause residue build-up
- Don’t dry with newspaper as the ink stains might be left on the Fibrex® frame material
Count on us at Renewal by Andersen of Cape Cod, your premier window company, to help you maintain the pristine condition of your windows. If you’d like to learn more about proper care and maintenance, call us today at (508) 205-1200 or fill out our form here. We serve homeowners in Cape Cod, MA.